- This event has passed.
Food Industry Workshop 101 & 102
Aug 21, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$30
Part 1: August 21st- 10am-4pm
Part 2: August 28th- 10am-4pm
If you operate or would like to start a restaurant, have been making a cottage food product at home, or are operating out of commercial kitchen and would like to step up your business game, this is the program for you!
The SBDC will offer a two-part training on how to successfully navigate and grow your food industry business and stop leaving money on the table!
This workshop will help you:
• Define your business vision and evaluate the related implications
• Identify critical value drivers
• Zero in on your target market
• Develop a strong brand and related messaging
• Navigate the world of marketing channels and prioritize activity for results
• Manage the numbers and interpret data
This workshop includes:
• Focused sessions for both food & beverage packaged goods producers (CPG) and food service operators (restaurants, caterers, food trucks)
• Panel discussions and presentations featuring real world industry experts
• Opportunities for networking and Q&A
The workshop is for:
• Food & beverage producers
• Food service operators
• Current and Budding Restaurateurs
• Caterers and Pop-Up Operators
• Food Truck Operators
FEE :$30 (includes lunch)
Plus: Commercial Kitchen Practical
Several participants will also have the opportunity to utilize a local commercial kitchen for 10+ hours August-September 2019.
Commercial kitchen use fee is $99 (includes instruction on proper kitchen etiquette, cleaning procedures, equipment use, efficient food production and food cost education, menu development, budgeting, scaling potential, how to obtain health permits, and marketing your food product.
Space for Commercial Kitchen use is limited. Link for registration will be emailed to selected candidates after the two-day workshop.
Instructors: Shawna Dawson, Lawrence Johnson and Terrence Lem