- This event has passed.
Webinar How to Become an Entrepreneur as an Immigrant
Sep 22, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
If you are new to the U.S., or maybe have lived here for some time, there has never been more opportunities to become an entrepreneur.
Did you know that immigrants are almost twice as likely as the native-born to become entrepreneurs, with the rate of new entrepreneurs being 0.52 percent for immigrants, compared to 0.26 percent for the native-born!
Not only do immigrants to the U.S. establish proportionally more businesses than native-born entrepreneurs, their companies are also more likely to succeed. A Harvard Business School study compared the employment growth of new U.S. enterprises over three- and six-year periods. The results show that companies founded by immigrants grew at a faster rate and were likely to survive long than those started by native born entrepreneurs.
The El Camino College Small Business Development Center has created this special virtual no-cost workshop to help immigrants get started on the entrepreneurial pathway.
The workshop covers:
• How to determine if your business is a good idea
• The importance of planning and how to develop your plan
• Figuring out start-up costs and if you will make money
• How your business should be structured legally (DBA, LLC, S Corp, etc.)
• Licensing and registration requirements
• Insurance coverage
• Resources for Immigrants
• Information on I-9 and E-verify for hiring
Woman Owned Minority Business
Instructor: Larry Johnson