- This event has passed.
WEBINAR Money Matters: Angel Investment 101 for Start-Ups
Aug 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
Funding and financing your business are extremely important. One of the options that comes up is angel investment. What does angel investment mean? How often does it happen? Is your business a candidate? What steps to take? What do you need?
Webinar presenter Tim Berry has been on both sides of this table. He successfully raised investment for his business. And he has been an angel investor for more than a decade.
In this webinar, Tim answers key questions you may have about angel investment for your business.
• Reality check: common myths about angel investment and the realities behind them.
• What is angel investment? How is it different from friends and family, bank loans, and venture capital? How much money is normally involved, for how long, and on what terms?
• Is your business a candidate for angel investment? What kinds of businesses normally are? What makes one business a good candidate and another not? What are the main factors?
• What’s the process? How to find angel investors in our area. How to research local angel investors and groups to identify the right ones for your business. How to start the process.
• What information do you have to have and share? What to expect. How long does it take? What are the odds?
• Tips on how to prepare and what to include in summaries, pitch presentations, and other materials. Do you need a business plan and what would it have to include.
Presented By: Tim Berry